Insurance Plans Acceptance

Update by user Dec 05, 2017

They issued a refund.

Update by user Dec 05, 2017

After registering a complaint on your web site, filing a complaint and a review with the Better Business Bureau (who did contact MVP), Posting on MVP's FB page and on my own FB page, finally filing an internal appeal which listed all the actions I had taken, I got a call from an MVP representative saying that they would refund my money. I have not seen a check yet but it should be coming soon.

Update by user Nov 28, 2017

Actually, the total should be: Denied me coverage then took money from my checking account".

Original review posted by user Nov 28, 2017

I applied with my local chamber of commerce insurance representative on August 15th. Around the 28th I got a call from MVP saying my application was denied because I didn't have a qualifying event and it was not an open enrollment period.

I said okay and kept my Excellus insurance. On September 15th MVP took $878.40 from my checking account. I called numerous times about that and bills I kept getting. I was told that they had " no record" of anyone calling me to deny my application.

I filed a formal complaint and was denied repayment. I have now sent a complaint to the NYS Dept of Health Office of Health Insurance Programs Bureau of Consumer Services- Complaint Department and will call them as well in the morning.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mvp Health Care Health Insurance.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 28, 2017.

Comments